GSMCON2020 is our 6th annual conference for government social media managers!
The Government Social Media Conference (GSMCON) is the only major social media conference in the United States for government agencies. The event is run by Government Social Media LLC, founders of the Government Social Media professional association.
The sixth annual GSMCON will be held in Seattle, Washington, from March 24-26, 2020!
- Collaborate with a network of government social media managers from all types of jurisdictions.
- Learn social media strategy and technique from experts and peers.
- Understand best practices to bring value to your residents and constituents.
Who should attend?
Everyone interested in learning how to strategically use social media in government is welcome to attend. Our primary audience includes city, county and state government in the United States. Our next largest audience is public safety, and we also see a strong presence from federal government, military and education. The event is also open to international and private industry attendees.
- Social media coordinators
- Public information officers
- Digital media managers
- Elected officials
- Law enforcement
- Emergency managers
- Marketing & communication professionals
- Legal Staff
- Chief information officers & directors
- Multimedia & video professionals
Previous GSMCON Locations
The first two GSMCONs were held in Reno, Nevada – the city where our company, Government Social Media LLC, is based. We like to move the conference to major cities across the United States every year. During the closing session of each event, we announce the next year’s location.
- GSMCON2020 – Seattle, Washington (upcoming)
- GSMCON2019 – Nashville, Tennessee (920 attendees)
- GSMCON2018 – Denver, Colorado (675 attendees)
- GSMCON2017 – Dallas, Texas (475 attendees)
- GSMCON2016 – Reno, Nevada (385 attendees)
- GSMCON2015 – Reno, Nevada (365 attendees)