We are adding an exciting new element called “PowerTalks” to our April 30 conference lineup. These are high energy, hot topic roundtable discussions on a number of issues relevant to government social media managers. Our goal is to encourage personal, interactive discussion on topics such as government advertising strategy, social polling and more.
During the 1-hour PowerTalk session, a room filled with several round tables will feature a separate discussion at each table. Attendees can choose to sit at the table of their choice.
We have invited moderators to facilitate each PowerTalk table. Moderators will share their own stories and offer helpful advice. Participants will then have the opportunity to ask questions and weigh in on the topic. After 30 minutes, attendees will switch seats to another table to participate in a discussion on a new topic.
Confirmed GSMCON PowerTalks
- Maximizing LinkedIn (Melissa Washington, SmartNet Strategies)
- Social Media Ad Strategy (Erin Cochran and Maureen DeNieva, Marin County Health and Human Services)
- Social Media Response to Wildfire Smoke Impacts (Brendan Schnieder, Washoe County, NV and Edan Weishahn, National Weather Service)
- Dealing with Trolls (Tom Lorenz, City of Glendale, CA)
- Social Polls to Engage Followers (Porter Haney, Wedgies.com)
Additional PowerTalks will be announced as they are confirmed! Make sure to register for the conference to be a part of this unparalleled learning experience.